Friday, October 16, 2009

Mrs. Heftie retires


The Bancroft-Rosalie School staff held a retirement party this morning for Karen Heftie. Mrs. Heftie has taught at B-R for 20 years, teaching elementary music as well as just about every junior high subject (science, social studies, english, reading). With her permission, I am posting her letter to the school board and administration.

"At this time I want to say "Thank You", for letting me work with the young people in your communities and having confidence in me to make a difference in their lives.

This began my 20th year at B-R, and I remember how excited and filled with enthusiasm I was when I parked north of the Rosalie gym, carried my bag of music supplies and went up to the third floor in my first year here. I am still filled with excitement every time my key opens the door and I walk down the quiet hallways in the morning.

At this time I wish the utmost success and continued educational progress for Bancroft-Rosalie Community School.

Respectfully submitted,
Karen Heftie."

Mrs. Heftie has been a dedicated teacher at B-R, always willing to do whatever she was asked to. I am sure many B-R alumni carry with them fond memories of her. Good luck in retirement, Mrs. Heftie. Now you have more time spend with those grandkids.

Mr. Jordan will be teaching elementary music for the rest of the year.