Friday, October 30, 2009

#200

Thanks to everyone who came to congratulate me on winning the 200th game at Bancroft-Rosalie School. Obviously, you don't win without talented players and good assistance coaches. I appreciate former coaches Brent Gatzemeyer and Tim Slaughter coming to the game. Brent was an assist for 38 of the wins and Tim assisted with the first State Championship team in 1985 and the runner-up team in 1986. In those days, coaches didn't trade film. We had to jump in a car and drive to Ansley when we wanted to scout them.
Also thanks to writer Steve Smith for coming to the game. Being mentioned in his book (only as "the B-R football coach", not by name)made it fun reading for me.
A special thanks to Richard Mohl and Clark Petersen for the special effects at the game and in my front yard. I might leave that up for a few days.