Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Top Ten Musicals

With my tickets in hand to see "Pippin" at the Omaha Orpheum next week, I want to share my personal all-time top ten Musicals and where I saw them.

#1- The Gentleman's Guide To Love and Murder (Broadway, New York) ** Won 2014 Tony for best musical

#2- Kinky Boots (Broadway, New York)** Won 2013 Tony for Best Musical

#3- Wicked (Orpheum, Omaha)

#4- Book of Mormon (Broadway, New York and Orpheum, Omaha)** Won 2011 Tony for best musical

#5- Jesus Christ Superstar (Lied Center, Lincoln) *** Ted Neeley (from the movie) played Jesus

#6- Mama Mia (Orpheum, Omaha)

#7- Les Miserables (Chicago)

#8- Phantom of the Opera (Orpheum, Omaha)

#9- Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (Broadway, New York) ** Won front row seats in a lottery before the show. Memorable because I didn't know it was a drag queen movie until after I had the tickets.

#10- Hedwig and the Angry inch (Broadway, New York) ** Neil Patrick Harris played Hedwig.